Sanctions/Travel Permits

Hockey Alberta Sanction Number and Travel Permit General Information


Key Points:


  1. All exhibition games hosted by Blindman Valley need a sanction number. If you don’t have a sanction number provided by Hockey Alberta, you cannot play.
  2. Acquisition of a travel permit is MANDATORY for any Blindman Valley Hockey team that is scheduled to play either tournament games or out of province games. If you don’t have a travel permit, you cannot play.
  3. If you attend an exhibition game or one-time event, the host team is responsible for obtaining the sanction number, and your team does not require a travel permit. All games organised by the league (tiering round, regular season, and playoffs) do not require sanctions or travel permits.
  4. Any questions regarding Sanction Numbers or Travel Permits can be directed to Jodie Pearson via email to or via text to (403) 352-9138.


Please Note:


Sanction numbers and travel permits are NOT automatically generated by the Hockey Alberta system. In order to allow enough time for your sanction number or travel permit to be approved, you must apply as soon as possible (ideally, a week in advance at the least). You can submit the information needed for your Sanction Number or Travel Permit request by clicking the link(s) below.


Sanction Numbers

Apply for a Sanction Number here 

Hockey Alberta Sanction Numbers are required for all home exhibition games (U11 and older) and one-time events (U7, U9), as well as any home tournaments or festivals. Any games scheduled by your league (e.g. CAHL, RMFHL) are already sanctioned and do not require you to obtain another Sanction Number.  


The following information is required when applying for an exhibition game or one-time event Sanction Number:


Your Name

Your Email Address

Your Phone Number

Your Team Name, Division, Tier and HCR Number

Opponent’s Contact Name and Email Address

Opponent’s Team Name and HCR Number

Game Date and Location



Travel Permits

Apply for a Travel Permit here

Hockey Alberta Travel Permits are required for all tournaments (U11 and older) and festivals (U7, U9), as well as any out-of-province exhibition games or one-time events. For the 2023-2024 season, Travel Permits are NOT required for exhibition games or one-time events within Alberta.


The following information is required when applying for a Travel Permit:


Your Name

Your Email Address

Your Phone Number

Your Team Name, Division and HCR Number

Sanction Number (Obtained from Opponents or Tournament)

Number of Games to be Played

Tournament Location (where your team is travelling to)

Tournament Start and End Dates

Blindman Valley Minor Hockey

RAMP Registration

Join thousands of association partners using RAMP Registration Solutions.

More Information

RAMP Official Assigning

#1 with Officials...for very good reasons.

More Information

RAMP Websites

Manage your identity from the palm of your hand to the top of your desk.

More Information

RAMP Team App

Keep your coaches, parents, athletes, and fans connected, seamlessly.

More Information